Oscar's Smokehouse - Warrensburg
Oscar’s Adirondack Smokehouse, Inc.
After a fire destroyed Oscar’s Smoke House in Warrensburg, NY on Sept 4th, 2009 the Quintal family decided to rebuild while taking advantage of the latest green building technology options available. Oscar’s celebrated their Grand Reopening on February 20th, 2010 and Aztech was proud to be a part of the re-establishment of this iconic regional business.
Geothermal and Heat Integration Elements
- Design-build geothermal HVAC
- Two, 500 foot open loop supply wells behind building
- Two, 500 foot open loop return wells in front of building
- Six heat pumps for heating and cooling of spaces
- Six water cooled refrigeration units supply heat to the building through geothermal system
- Heat recovery ventilators for fresh air exchanges
- Solar Thermal process water (by Radiant Store)
How a Geothermal Heat Pump System Operates:
- Winter – Heat pumps take heat from the ground and use waste heat from refrigerators and freezers.
- Summer – Heat pumps take heat from the building and put it into the relatively cool ground.
Concept building design and construction by Munter Enterprises.
Architectural services provided by Paone Architecture, PC.
Thanks to NYSERDA for their technical and financial support.< Prev Next > "We are so pleased with your company and all who work there." - Gansevoort