We're Hiring - Experienced Heat Pump Technician
Posted May 29, 2018
Heat Pump HVAC Installation & Service Technician
About Aztech Geothermal:
At Aztech Geothermal we are a recognized leader in the design, installation and service of world-class clean heating & cooling systems for homes and businesses. That’s a good thing since New York State is targeting a conversion to heat pumps as the dominant source of heating & cooling for buildings. If it’s important to you to be passionate about what you do and want a great place to do it, this might be an opportunity for you! Aztech is based in Ballston Spa, NY and serves the greater Capital Region and surrounding areas. We are interested in expanding our service territory to include the Hudson Valley and Western Massachusetts in the coming year.
Benefits of Working @ Aztech Geothermal:
- Recognized as a regional leader in geothermal and air-source heat pump design & installation
- Check out our website to see some of our recent activities aztechgeo.com
- Highly competitive wage compensation with OT available to increase earnings potential
- Health insurance contribution, 401K matching, smart phone allowance, company paid holidays, vacation and personal days
- Great opportunities for career development and promotions in a growing industry sector
- Late model Mercedes Sprinters stocked with standardized set of tools and parts
- Dedication to continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
This position involves installing, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, & repairing heat pumps plus some conventional HVAC systems, in both residential and small commercial environments. Much of our work consists of residential geothermal heat pump installations which are divided in two approximately equal categories; existing homes and new construction. Aztech installs both central and mini-split air source heat pumps systems where appropriate. You may also be involved in service and maintenance work on our customers systems. Geothermal heat pump experience a plus. but not required; we are willing to train the right individual.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Work with project managers and customers to understand requirements for all installations or repairs by reviewing site conditions, job specifications, contracts & work orders, assist in anticipating problems, gathering all needed materials and coordinating on-site work.
- Dedication to complete all required records and documentation.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company property.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays and willingness to share “on-call” responsibilities with other technicians.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of field experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Basic PC skills and computer experience
- General knowledge and experience with range of residential HVAC systems
- Service & repair of HVAC refrigerant systems including but not limited to leak detection, compressor or coil replacement
- Experience installing system accessories including domestic water heaters, whole house humidification systems, heat recovery ventilators, WIFI thermostats and zone control systems
- Ability to follow wiring diagrams for control wiring of heat pumps and accessories
- Knowledge of ductwork sizing with the ability to do sheetmetal work
- Installation of radiant floor systems, including circulators and zone valves
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- EPA Certification: Type I and Type II or Universal Required
- Applicants should be in good physical condition due to the physical nature of installing loop piping and the installation and removal of heating and AC units.
If you have what it takes to join the Aztech Geothermal team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer, No Third-Party Recruiters, No Phone Calls Please