Aztech Participates in NYSERDA's Community Heat Pump EXPO
Aztech Geothermal, led by John Ciovacco, supports networked geothermal when & where a set of conditions would benefit from combining thermal resources. Aztech is looking to make the most efficient building electrification technologies both affordable and accessible through these creative, and expandable networks.
The Aztech Geothermal team is participating in the following NYSERDA PON 4614 Projects:
1) Albany – Sheridan Hollow Neighborhood (Project Manager)
2) Albany – Southeast Neighborhoods (Project Manager)
3) Troy – Monument Square (Test Bore & Consultant to CHA Consulting)
4) Ithaca – South Side (Consultant to Taitem Engineering)
5) Ithaca – White Hawk Ecovillage (Consultant to LaBella Associates)
6) Rockland – Campus System (Consultant to BR+A)
7) Schenectady – GE Research (Consultant to GE)
Other Networked Geothermal Activity:
8) Framingham – Eversource District Geothermal Pilot – (Consultant to CDM Smith)
9) NYSEG/RG&E District Geothermal Study (Team with LaBella and GreyEdge Group)
10) HEET – Boston-based group supporting efforts for gas utilities to transition to networked geothermal (Advisory Board)
Aztech Geothermal, LLC founded in 2008 is a privately held heat pump system design, installation and service business located in New York’s Capital District. John Ciovacco and Geoff Hoffer are the two owners/partners with a total of 12 full time staff. Aztech has designed and installed over 450 heat pump systems primarily in the Capital District and Hudson Valley but have a number of installations in Western Massachusetts as well. Aztech also provides ground loop design services, consultation on internal mechanical design with heat pumps, distressed system evaluations and own a GeoCube for performing Formation Thermal Conductivity testing of boreholes.